Sat, 28 Aug|
Dressage to Music Taster - Ridden
An intro to DTM without the full cost of a floor plan and Music plan
Time & Location
28 Aug 2021, 09:00 – 13:00
Granborough, Lathwells Farm, MK18 3NP
About the Event
These taster sessions focussed on Dressage to Music (DTM). Each session is 1.5 hours or a maximum of 4 riders per session.
The sessions are all ridden. There is an amount of standing around, but the riders remain mounted.
During the session:
· We explain what freestyle dressage to music is
· Show how to work out horses beats per minute (bpm) for each pace, and I determine the bpm for each horse on the session
· Explain how to select the right music and what impact the wrong music can have
· Explain music licensing for dressage to music including British Dressage requirements
· Select one piece of trot music and one piece of walk music for each horse and rider
· Have the riders design a simple walk and trot floor plan
· It ends with each rider riding their floor plan a couple of times with the music we selected earlier in the session. This gives them an understanding of creating a freestyle floor plan and how they can make up movements.
If riders are interested in going further, I can talk to them individually about how we would create a music track for them to go out and compete.
They will leave with their horses Beats Per Minute for walk, trot and canter. And details of the track(s) we selected for them for the session. And hopefully a better understanding of DTM and how they can take it forward if it is something they would like to take further.
Rider session x 1 BORC member
This ticket buys you a session at either a 9am slot or 10.30am slot for 1.5 hrs£30.00
Rider session x 1 Non member
This ticket buys you a session at either a 9am slot or 10.30am slot for 1.5 hrs£35.00